Write for The Beat
New Beats Media is looking to recruit journalists of all abilities to contribute to our website giving you an online platform to showcase your work.
We are keen to unearth talented writers to go to gigs, conduct interviews, contribute features and review the latest albums before they are released. In particular we want to give current journalism students a chance to gain first-hand experience of the music industry and enable them to rub shoulders with some of the biggest names in the industry.
NBM will give you a chance to network with other journalists, build up contacts in the industry to help you further your career and provide you with that all-important online presence. We know how hard it can be as a young writer trying to break into music journalism but with a number of editors logging on to NBM we could help you make that crucial next step on the road to your dream job.
So how can you help us to help you? Well, we require journalists to do the following:
- Go along to gigs to review everything from the local music scene to Glastonbury
- Review the latest albums and singles before they are released
- Contribute interesting features about music past, present and future
- Be prepared to interview an eclectic mix of musicians from a range of genres
What do you get from us?
- Access to some of the biggest names in the music industry for New Beats Media
- A place to showcase your work to editors on the lookout for raw writing talent
- The chance to cover gigs, festivals and press events with an ‘access all areas’ press pass
- Valuable experience of writing about music with understanding editorial staff
What are we looking for?
- Motivated individuals who can quickly get to grips with the writing requirements of the web
- You must be passionate about music and be comfortable with a range of assignments
- Journalists hungry for experience but not daunted by speaking to some of the biggest names
- The ability to write engaging, interesting and opinionated pieces to catch the eye of the reader
So what now?
Get in touch with us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a few paragraphs about yourself, including your musical tastes, and if possible a copy of your CV.
There will be something for everyone at New Beats so don’t hesitate to drop us a line whatever your level of experience and interests.
Come with us, it’ll be a wild ride into Legend.
Keep safe, smile, live.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Finding and developing story ideas (stevebuttry.wordpress.com)